As you all know every year around this period TOTY is announced by EA. This year TOTY event is on the 11th January at the FIFA Ballon d’Or Gala in Zurich, so just couple days to go. Read more below on the event and our TOTY Predictions FIFA 16.
The following awards will be on offer;
- FIFA Ballon d’Or
- FIFA Women’s World Player of the Year
- FIFA Men’s Football Coach of the Year
- FIFA Women’s Football Coach of the Year
- FIFA Presidential Award
- FIFA Fair Play Award
- FIFA Puskas Award
- FIFA/FIFPro World XI
TOTY FIFA 16 Nominees (Candidates)
TOTY is chosen by professional footballers from all around the world. The pro players vote for the best player in each position. TOTY FIFA 16 is then announced on the same day by EA based on those votes.
See below the 55 candidates that were announced by FIFA FIFPro World XI on the 26th of November 2015.
TOTY Goalkeepers (5)
- Gianluigi Buffon (Italy / Juventus)
- Iker Casillas (Spain / FC Porto)
- David De Gea (Spain / Manchester United)
- Keylor Navas (Costa Rica / Real Madrid)
- Manuel Neuer (Germany / FC Bayern Munich)
TOTY Defenders (20)
- David Alaba (Austria / FC Bayern Munich)
- Jordi Alba (Spain / FC Barcelona)
- Jérôme Boateng (Germany / FC Bayern Munich)
- Daniel Carvajal (Spain / Real Madrid)
- Giorgio Chiellini (Italy / Juventus)
- Dani Alves (Brazil / FC Barcelona)
- David Luiz (Brazil / Paris Saint-Germain)
- Diego Godín (Uruguay / Atletico Madrid)
- Mats Hummels (Germany / Borussia Dortmund)
- Branislav Ivanović (Serbia / Chelsea)
- Vincent Kompany (Belgium / Manchester City)
- Philipp Lahm (Germany / FC Bayern Munich)
- Marcelo (Brazil / Real Madrid)
- Javier Mascherano (Argentina / FC Barcelona)
- Pepe (Portugal / Real Madrid),
- Gerard Piqué (Spain / FC Barcelona)
- Sergio Ramos (Spain / Real Madrid)
- John Terry (England / Chelsea)
- Thiago Silva (Brazil / Paris Saint-Germain)
- Raphaël Varane (France / Real Madrid)
TOTY Midfielders (15)
- Thiago Alcântara (Spain / FC Bayern Munich)
- Xabi Alonso (Spain / FC Bayern Munich)
- Sergio Busquets (Spain / FC Barcelona)
- Eden Hazard (Belgium / Chelsea)
- Andrés Iniesta (Spain / FC Barcelona)
- Toni Kroos (Germany / Real Madrid)
- Luka Modrić (Croatia / Real Madrid)
- Andrea Pirlo (Italy / New York City FC)
- Paul Pogba (France / Juventus)
- Ivan Rakitić (Croatia / FC Barcelona)
- James Rodríguez (Colombia / Real Madrid)
- David Silva (Spain / Manchester City)
- Yaya Touré (Ivory Coast / Manchester City)
- Marco Verratti (Italy / Paris Saint-Germain)
- Arturo Vidal (Chile / FC Bayern Munich)
TOTY Srikers (15)
- Sergio Agüero (Argentina / Manchester City)
- Gareth Bale (Wales / Real Madrid)
- Karim Benzema (France / Real Madrid)
- Douglas Costa (Brazil / FC Bayern Munich)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal / Real Madrid)
- Zlatan Ibrahimović (Sweden / Paris Saint-Germain)
- Robert Lewandowski (Poland / FC Bayern Munich)
- Lionel Messi (Argentina / FC Barcelona)
- Thomas Müller (Germany / FC Bayern Munich)
- Neymar (Brazil / FC Barcelona)
- Arjen Robben (Netherlands / FC Bayern Munich)
- Wayne Rooney (England / Manchester United)
- Alexis Sánchez (Chile / Arsenal)
- Luis Suárez (Uruguay / FC Barcelona)
- Carlos Tevez (Argentina / Boca Juniors)
As you guys can see its an amaizing list of players that are selected but the the qwestion arises who will be chose by the pro for the TOTY ? See below our thougts on it.
TOTY Predictions FIFA 16 Ultimate Team
Manuel Neuer – GK – 90 OVR
Since last year Neuer does not real have a rival at this position and if you look at the nominees only De Gea who is still young might threaten him in the coming years. With that said Neuer is the obvious pick for the TOTY.
Choosing the defenders is less obvious as there are couple good nominees.
David Alaba – LB – 86 OVR
Alaba has really grow over the last couple years and this season he is steady as ever. Played some good games were he even pickup goals and assists. He is still young so even more potential to grow. Beside all that he is really a fan favorite so we feel that quite some pro’s will vote for him.
Sergio Ramos – CB – 87 OVR
Ramos is just 29 but when we think about it we get a feels like he has been around at the top for ages . In our opinion and we think most will agree definitely not the best defending defender around, but offensively he is still one of the best defenders. If you look at his carrier he scored quite some goals which is amazing for his position. Already now 10 years at Real he build up quite a name in the business that there is no way his colleagues will miss him in the voting rounds.
Thiago Silva – CB – 88 OVR
Silva is a hard choice as many would probably vote for Piqué. Still when you look at his pure defending skills Silva is still the best. Considering the fact that Ramos will be chose for his offensive skill most will go for the balance and the name even though Silva is not that great this season.
Dani Alves – RB – 84 OVR
By including Alves we actually dropped out Boateng which most of you won’t like. Still as we don’t think that the pro’s will go for so many Bayern players and actually Alves really deserves it for his assist in the 14/15 season.
Iniesta- CM – 88 OVR
Iniesta is one of those players that you don’t notice during the game but is in a way still essential for the team. We feel that he had his best times but is still one of those players that have built quite a name for himself among the colleagues. Therefore we expect to see him included in TOTY.
Toni Kroos – CM – 87 OVR
This position is between Kroos and Paul Pogba . We feel that Kroos will make the cut. His season so far has been real good while Pogba missed out on some games.
Arturo Vidal – CM – 86 OVR
Vidal picked up a big money transfer which for sure won’t go unnoticed by others , just look at Luiz. He beaning on top of the mind will probably give him the necessary edge to make it in to the TOTY.
Neymar – LW – 88 OVR
The final three are kind a obvious , Neymar could have been overthrown by Suarez but as he is selected by Ballon D’or for the final three there is no way EA will leave him out in TOTY. Not that we doubt that Neymar does not deserves the spot.
Lionel Messi – RW – 94 OVR
Down to final two with both already legends. Messi scored 58 goals and assisted another 31 in just 57 games . What ells do we need to say ? Don’t think that someone will argue his nomination.
Cristiano Ronaldo – LW – 93 OVR
As already said both men are already legends still in the game. Personally we feel that Ronaldo is doing tiny bit better than Messi this season. So Ronaldo’s TOTY should easily make the iconic 99 rating seeing as he is already up to 96 and they need leeway for a TOTS as well. Like Mess he also massively contributed to his team success with 61 goals and 22 assisted in the 14/15 campaign. So no doubt here right ?
So that is it guys let us know what you think about our TOTY Predictions FIFA 16? With just couple days to go we would say save the coins you will want to have this package !