FIFA 15 does have 25 different formations, so for new players it can be hard to pick a good one! We of All About FIFA thought it might be helpful to publish a top 5 with the best formations for beginning players. Experienced players already chose a favorite one, because that is successful for them.
Top 5: Best Formations
Underneath these few lines of introduction, we will publish our top 5 of best formations in FIFA 15. If they don’t work out for you, which is possible, you’ll need to find your own favorite. Remember: every team has their ‘best formation’, it’s your job to find it!
- 4-1-2-1-2: This formation is my favorite, because of it’s dynamic midfield. You will need two fast ‘wing midfielders’ and a good attacking midfielder, but if you have that, it will become also your favorite! This team is all about pace, but that is just the thing I like about it.
- Best formation to use against 4-1-2-1-2: 4-5-1
- 4-4-2: This formation is the second in the list and also very popular in real life. It is known for his defending structure and that makes it really helpful for starting players. It’s only problem is that many opponents know how to tackle this formation.
- Best formation to use against 4-4-2: 4-5-1
- 4-3-3: Most used in real life in many varieties. It’s biggest pro is that you can use it with attacking wingers, players who need a good cross. If you are that kind of player, which gives a lot of crosses, that this formation might be the one for you!
- Best formation to use against 4-3-3: 4-1-4-1
- 4-2-3-1: This formation is also one for the defending players, because of the four defenders and two defending midfielders. You will need to invest in attacking players, because they need to be of a high level. Especially your striker needs to score a lot, because he is only one up front!
- Best formation to use against 4-2-3-1: 3-5-2
- 3-5-2: The formation used by the Dutch national squad previous World Championship has gain a lot of popularity since then. The key element in your squad will be the attacking midfielder, so invest a lot of coins in him!
- Best formation to use against 3-5-2: 4-3-2-1