FIFA 16 like FIFA 15 has 25 different formations, so for the beginner it can be a hassle finding the best formation in FIFA 16. We of All About FIFA thought it might be helpful to publish a top 5 with the best formations in fifa 16 of which we feel that they are the best for the beginning players . Of course experienced players already have their favorite formation but even they sometimes need to choose a different formation to adapt to the opponent. We prefer 4-4-2 but do occasionally we switch to 4-3-3 because the additional attacking player can make a difference in a hard game.
Top 5: Best formation in FIFA 16
Underneath these few lines of introduction, you can find our top 5 of the best formations in FIFA 16 for the beginner. Some may or may not work out for you it really depends on your play style and set of players you have, so feel free to try a different combination. Remember there is no best formation in FIFA 16 you might have to adapt to beat your opponent so step out your comfort zone when is necessary and choose a different formation. Also remember: every Fifa team has their ‘best formation’, so it’s your job to find it!
- 4-4-2: This formation is our favorite in the list and is also very popular in real life. This formation is known for the good defending structure which is really helpful for starting players. Problem of this very popular formation is that many players know how to tackle it. So a good combination of quality midfielders and attackers is a must for this formation to work.
- Best formation to use against 4-4-2: 4-5-1
- 4-3-3: Second favorite and also most used in real life in many varieties. It’s biggest pro is that you can use it with attacking wingers, players who need a good cross. If you are a player that who uses a lot of crosses, that this is the formation for you! Remember to combine two fast attacking wingers with an centrum striker who has good jumping and heading,
- Best formation to use against 4-3-3: 4-1-4-1
- 4-1-2-1-2: Is lets say a more exotic formation with it’s dynamic midfield. You will need two fast ‘wing midfielders’ and a good attacking midfielder, but if you have that, this formation might become your favorite! This team is all about pace, but that is just the thing we like about it.
- Best formation to use against 4-1-2-1-2: 4-5-1
- 4-2-3-1:This formation is also one for the defending players, because of the four defenders and two defending midfielders. With this formation you can lean back and wait for a good counter moment but you will need to invest in fast attacking players, as they need to be of a high level. Especially your striker needs be of a higher level to score a lot, because most of the time he will be the only one up front!
- Best formation to use against 4-2-3-1: 3-5-2
- 3-5-2: The formation used by the famous Dutch coach van Gaal in the World Championship who made it quite fare with not the strongest team. Since then this formation has gain a lot of popularity with the FIFA players. The key element in your squad will be the attacking midfielder, so you will need to invest a lot of coins in him!
- Best formation to use against 3-5-2: 4-3-2-1
Is our best formation in FIFA 16 complete top 5 for you? Probably not so let us know in the comments down below what you feel is the best formation for the beginner in FIFA 16!